Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: how to get analog stick working?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 pm 
user

hey guys, just got 2k11 so i wanted to use my ps3 controller on my pc to play it.. anyway after a while i finally managed to get it set up.. except my analog sticks aren't working so i'm missing out on a lot of content on my game. any idea how i can get the analog sticks to work? i currently have version 0.6.0001 and i had my profile set to analog gamepad 3 as some guide said to set it as that, but i changed it to analog gamepad 2 and i clicked enable under "left motor 100%", then when i clicked "game controller panel" and "properties" all buttons show up on the little box when i press them, but i still get no response from both analog sticks..

any idea on how to get them to work? i've searched around a bit but still no help :(

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: how to get analog stick working?
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:26 am 
MotioninJoy Developer

Make sure your driver version is 0.6.0000+ also in about tab, If not you can update and click 'load driver' again.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 am 
user

my driver version is 0.6.0001 too. any other suggestiona?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:18 pm 
MotioninJoy Developer

IE 8.0+ and javascript enable.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 am 
user

I'm having the exact same problem. I followed the instructions on the wiki here. I have the "Select One Mode" set to 'Analog Gamepad 3', but when I go to the Game Controller Panel, neither of the analog sticks works. Every button on the controller seems to register fine, and the D-Pad works. I can even push the analog sticks in and THOSE buttons work, but the sticks themselves don't register.

Also, when I click the "Vibration Testing" button, nothing happens.

When I go to "About", I'm running version 0.6.0001. I have IE 8 and Javascript is enabled.

I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit, and I'm using a USB cable to plug in my controller. My controller is the Sony Dualshock 3 Sixaxis that came with my PS3. I've also seen another post where it didn't appear to work when you tested it, but the analog sticks actually worked in game. I tried that, same thing, everything works EXCEPT the sticks & vibration.

Any help is much appreciated.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:18 am 
user

have the exact same problem wombat man. i am also on windows 7, 64 bit, and also use a usb cable to plug in my controller.

any help to get the analog sticks working would be great!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 am 
user

So I uninstalled version 0.6.0001 by following these directions. I then rebooted, and installed version 0.5.0002 using the directions in the wiki. The controller does work now, vibration and all, but I can't get it calibrated. The left analog stick seems fine, but the right stick is all wrong.

Testing it in Wolfenstien, up & down looks left and right, and moving it left & right moves up and down lol. I've tried calibrating it using Windows, I'll play with it some more and see if I can get it working.

Also I tried using the built-in update tool in the MotionJoy Gamepad Tool, and it updated the DS3_Tool to 0.6.0001, but the driver is still 0.5.002.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:59 am 
user

OK. So I played with the calibration for a while, got frustrated, and ended up doing another uninstall. I reinstalled the latest version again and now, for some reason, it's working. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining. I did have to change the options a bit though, because it gave me some strange layout by default that was causing it to use tilt control to look around. And note the some games might require you to use the 360 emulation option for them to see the controller, an example is Mafia 2.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:10 pm 
user

how do i uninstall both the 0.6.0001 for the DS3_TOOL and DRIVER part? the wiki doesn't make it clear sorry. i'll try what you did and see if it works for me.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:39 am 
MotioninJoy Guru

Have to ask all posters here: Did you enable an analog profile in the DS3 Tool?

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system