Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: Bluetooth Driver not working
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:24 am 
user

Ok, before i start discussing my problem i will tell everyone i've been grazing through the forums for a problem similar to mine, and nothing has come up..

i have an acer all-in-one, with a bluetooth adapter (USB\VID_18E8&PID_6252)
Windows 7 64-bit, the latest MiJ Game Tool v6

I downloaded and installed it as instructed, plugged in the usb cable into the ps3 controller and installed the "original" drivers (generic Win7 Drivers)..

i run DS3Tools as admin and get the following screen
Attachment:
screenshot1.png
screenshot1.png [ 98.61 KiB | Viewed 9179 times ]

I Click on Device manager in DS3Tools, and get this screen

Attachment:
screenshot2.PNG
screenshot2.PNG [ 60.94 KiB | Viewed 9179 times ]

I Click the "Load" Button (or on clicking BluetoothPair and click the 2nd link to Device Manger) "Load Driver" I Get redirected back to the first screen.
No activity occurs, no driver changes,I've tried older versions and have had no luck either..
Everything is fine in Device Manager, no errors, warnings, troubleshooting issues..
I'm a little lost as to what to do next, Ds3Tools seems non-reposonsive to the "load"/"Load Drivers" part..

I've also attempted to install the drivers manually, but the program still doesnt detect the bluetooth device, or the ps3 controller model:CECHZC2E .
I have test mode initiated for win7 and i've removed and re-installed the device drivers repeatedly.
The closest progress i have made is after installing the Motion in Joy ps3 controller drivers (MotioninJoy Virtual Xinput device for Windows) v6.. it vibrates slightly and the 1st LED lights, controller D-Pad works when testing it on Win7 Game Controller Settings
I'm not sure if i need to update the Bluetooth Driver, install the MiJ drivers for the ps3 controller and Bluetooth Device,or Install the Generic Drivers for both devices..i can confirm that neither worked..

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i can finally play my ps2 games on a reasonable sized Screen!!

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Bluetooth Driver not working
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:41 am 
MotioninJoy Developer

It seems that your local files is old version.
If you can connect to Internet when you run DS3_tool,try to click the home button.
If you can't connect to Internet when you run DS3_tool,try to download the new local files from viewtopic.php?f=22&t=989 and replace the local folder.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:26 am 
user

ok, done that, still have the same problem, is there anything in missing out on? at the moment it's just interferring with the rest of the hardware I'm using (Logitech keyboard/mouse) the acer keyboard and mouse wouldn't of worked as stated In the instructions, they are both Bluetooth, the touchscreen is working great at the moment no problems yet... I'm still lost as to where I'm going wrong

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:55 pm 
MotioninJoy Guru

The MiJ drivers will override the normal BT driver so only the PS3 controller connects to it. See Wiki FAQ for more.

As far as the DS3 Tool, do you have IE8 installed with Javascript enabled? Did you click the Home button and then try installing the drivers again?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:26 pm 
user

i fixed it by running the 32bit DS3-Tool.
So there is a small possibility of a bug in the 64bit version,

i downloaded the 64x drivers and ran the 32 bit DS3-Tool.

it didnt detect the controller until i plugged it in, and clicked load driver then it actually installed it..
(can anyone figure out how that works out.. im seriously confused) whether its just windows being windows and incapable of identifying drivers properly, or this all-in-one is halfway between 32bit and 64bit.. which is impossible i might add..
I did the update on the local files, but it still didnt do anything,

Edit: i just tried disconnecting the Pad again and running the 64bit DS3 Tool.. and its apparent, There is some disfunction with windows 7 running DS3 Tool.
Below is my Specifications. so i know what im talking about when i said im really confused
Attachment:
File comment: Windows System showing 64-bit Operating System
snippet.PNG
snippet.PNG [ 13.23 KiB | Viewed 9001 times ]

i've tried every FAQ and Wiki for troubleshooting this dessert, but the solution is extremly uncanny.. my advice to the other people having trouble with this, try using the 32bit version, i doubt its the Ds3-Tool if the 32bit one worked flawlessly.
(Microsoft have done it again. and succeeded in screwing up program compatability)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:45 pm 
user

i dont mean to double post but, i still can't get my head round it, its incredible, bluetooth adapter was found. game controller installed flawlessly, tell you what guys, when my google adsense stuff on the MAG Clan Forum i run for a group called Apocalypse Valor comes through, you guys can have half the profit, its about €8 odd, but thats all im getting with impressions and clicks.. absolutely awesome stuff with capturing the motion sensor activity too.. im well pleased for you guys!! I STILL CANT BELIEVE 32 BIT DS3-TOOL SOFTWARE FIXED IT... is caplocking against the rules? (not on my forums)
oh and on that note: my mouse and keyboard are sharing the bluetooth dongle i use, i have it paired with all three , keyboard, mouse and gamepad, so i thought id add the additional data to make this post worth reading. none of the devices are overridden :o

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:20 am 
user

Wow, I´m glad I found this thread! I was installing the drivers now on 64 bit but D3 Tool didn´t find the Bluetooth dongle or the PS3 controller. I did what you suggested and installed the 32 bit D3 Tool. Voila! It worked straight away.

Thanks!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:29 pm 
user

I have a problem when load driver.

Port_#0002.Hub_#0004 USB\VID_0489&PID_E027&REV_0001 is X

When click em "Load Driver" this message is showed below:

This may take a few seconds.Please wait a moment!INFO:InstallDriver start...

SUCCESS:Set Selected Device.

SUCCESS:Get Device Install Params.

SUCCESS:Set Device Install Params.

SUCCESS:Building Driver Info List.

ERROR:Call Class Installer fail.. Error code:0Xe0000228

Please, help me!!!!

Tks, Marcio

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system