Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: Left stick occasionally hits up/left
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am 
user

I installed Motion in Joy for the first time a few days ago, most recent version, 0.6.0003. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and using a bluetooth receiver.

At first, I thought this was a problem with Xpadder, because I kept getting "aw" randomly typed in text entry. Obviously, "aw" is up and left on the stick, since I had WASD mapped to it. But with Xpadder not running, I noticed my level select in Super Meat Boy occasionally go one left while I left the controller idle, and today, in Final Fantasy XIV, my character occasionally turned up and left when I wasn't moving. It seems to not be an issue when I'm actually moving, or using the sticks, but it's a bit annoying.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any troubleshooting ideas?

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Left stick occasionally hits up/left
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:06 pm 
user

I would test the joystick in windows control panel and see how it's acting in there. If it looks fine, I would say it's something in xpadder, or maybe deadzones need adjusting.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:44 pm 
MotioninJoy Guru

Go into the game controller properties (press game controller panel button in DS3 Tool) and calibrate the controller, also does this happen on a PS3?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 am 
user

I'll check out the calibration for the DS3 tool. And no, I don't believe it happens on PS3. I've been using a new controller for my PS3 for about a year and a half, but I'm pretty sure the controller is fine. Also, when adjusting dead zones in Xpadder, if I make the dead zone as large as possible, a and w are always being hit.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:35 am 
user

I have the same problem, but it affects the BOTH analog sticks. It only happens in bluetooth mode, USB mode is fine.
My information:
Code:
DS3_TOOL   0.6.0003
DRIVER     0.6.0003
Hardware Location        Hardware ID                                  MotioninJoy
Port_#0001.Hub_#0004     USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_4839               Loaded Already
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.  Intel i5 processor and ATI HD4870 X2

Hope this helps towards a solution.

*edit my mistake, it affects both analog sticks. Occasionally up/left is flicked.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 pm 
user

I've got this same problem, both sticks (in my case the left stick is much more infrequent than the right stick). Only when using the recommended bluetooth dongle. Used it USB since the release of FFXIV with no issues, this only started when I finally received my new dongle and configured it to work with bluetooth.

I originally reported my issues piggy-backing on a post indicating the same problem a month or so ago here.

Edit: Windows 7 / 64

I'd post my dxdiag, but it won't let me upload it as a file, and it's longer than 60k characters.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 pm 
user

i got the same problem but not only with the left stick. R1, triangle, and sometimes the right stick. i don't know if it's motioninjoy damages the gamepad. because before using this software i got no problem with the gamepad then as I used this and just recently the gamepad is experiencing the problems I stated. even if I used the gamepad with the PS3 it also experiences it

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:50 am 
user

Under 'Options' there is an 'Axis Deadzone' and 'Button Threshold'. What are those?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 am 
user

If you have a large deadzone, you have to move the stick far before it registers movement. With a low (sensitive) deadzone, the slightest movement is registered. I like a pretty sensitive deadzone, especially with driving games.

threshold is here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=885
for example, in Zen Pinball on PS3, the harder you bash the buttons, the harder the flippers flip. :)

In regard to the problem in this thread, I'm using default options all round and the XBox controller emulator profile.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:57 am 
user

notebene wrote:
I've got this same problem, both sticks (in my case the left stick is much more infrequent than the right stick).

Exactly!

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system