Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: Windows 7 x64
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:31 pm 
user

Hi ya, I've been trying to install motionjoy for my DS3 but it just won't work for some reason. I've looked at tons of tutorials on youtube, and on here, read through all the instructions and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Although, when I try to install it I do get different results then most people and that's probably what is stopping me from getting my DS3 to work.

In most tutorials the controller that works with games is the HID compliant game controller, and motionjoy installs driver for this controller. I've got two in the devices and printers option and for some reason motionjoy always installs for playstaion 3 controller instead of HID complaint game controller. When I check the driver information for both it says the playstation controller has the motionjoy driver wheras the HID compliant game controller has the standard Microsoft driver. To explain it better here are some of the screenshots I took.

I have never seen in the tutorials or the instructions screenshots there being two controllers?

Also, I haven't seen this either, two hubs? I'm not sure which to pick and checking the second one always gives me error. I've only got the usb for DS3 connected and nothing else, no mouse, no nothing. Not sure why I get two hubs then?

But if I click on install all this is what I get.

Motionjoy installed the latest driver for playstation controller

But not for HID-compliant game controller

Even check the usb input driver info

And I can't install drivers for it, when I try it says Microsoft has already downloaded the updated drivers for this device or something along those lines.

I've tried uninstalling all the drivers and devices under the Human interface tab in the device manager. All six of them and then restarting the computer and replugging the DS3 and windows again installs everything back and then when I try and install drivers through USB I'm back to square one... I've gone through 4 USB ports and have only got one left which I don't want to mess with just yet. But it hasn't worked yet. :(

Can anyone please help me?? :( I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here!! I'm about to pull my hair out trying to make this work. :'(

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 x64
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:16 pm 
user

Hunniah wrote:
Hi ya, I've been trying to install motionjoy for my DS3 but it just won't work for some reason. I've looked at tons of tutorials on youtube, and on here, read through all the instructions and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Although, when I try to install it I do get different results then most people and that's probably what is stopping me from getting my DS3 to work.

In most tutorials the controller that works with games is the HID compliant game controller, and motionjoy installs driver for this controller. I've got two in the devices and printers option and for some reason motionjoy always installs for playstaion 3 controller instead of HID complaint game controller. When I check the driver information for both it says the playstation controller has the motionjoy driver wheras the HID compliant game controller has the standard Microsoft driver. To explain it better here are some of the screenshots I took.

I have never seen in the tutorials or the instructions screenshots there being two controllers?

Also, I haven't seen this either, two hubs? I'm not sure which to pick and checking the second one always gives me error. I've only got the usb for DS3 connected and nothing else, no mouse, no nothing. Not sure why I get two hubs then?

But if I click on install all this is what I get.

Motionjoy installed the latest driver for playstation controller

But not for HID-compliant game controller

Even check the usb input driver info

And I can't install drivers for it, when I try it says Microsoft has already downloaded the updated drivers for this device or something along those lines.

I've tried uninstalling all the drivers and devices under the Human interface tab in the device manager. All six of them and then restarting the computer and replugging the DS3 and windows again installs everything back and then when I try and install drivers through USB I'm back to square one... I've gone through 4 USB ports and have only got one left which I don't want to mess with just yet. But it hasn't worked yet. :(

Can anyone please help me?? :( I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here!! I'm about to pull my hair out trying to make this work. :'(
I never saw/installed the port#0005, also never got the HID option in MiJ, though I have gotten that option in certain emulators. I would say just uninstall/don't install port#0005 and stick with #0004. Then go to the mainscreen with the game mode options, select one.. go down a little bit and left of "Vibration test" is "Enable", click that to activate your ps3 controller with DS3 tools.. hope this helps.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:02 pm 
user

From what I can tell your driver is installed just fine... you probably need to calibrate the controller in the game controller panel... the easiest way to do this is once you start calibrating, follow the steps. After the initial 2 steps where it asks you to leave the joysticks centered and then move it in a circle (with a white box with a + in the middle) it will then have pages with x rotation, y rotation, etc. on each of these screens just press the L2 and R2 triggers as well as move around the right joystick in circles, do this for each step and then press next until it's done. This is all assuming you are using xbox 360 controller emulation mode, for other modes you may need to change what you do during calibration.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:47 pm 
user

Thing is the my controller works when I test it but it doesn't ingame. So frustrating!

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system