Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: Controller Analog stick doesn't work
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:30 am 
user

English:
Hey guys, before I'm writing my problem, I just want to say that I'm german and my english is not that good. OK. Today, I wanted to play FIFA 12 with my brother on the PC, I have got a Gamepad and my brother only a PS3-Controller. But the problem is with the PS3 one. I plug the cable into the USB Slot, installed MotionJoy and got the true Driver. It worked, in game he can operate with the buttons and that stuff. But only the Analog stick didn't work. When he was playing a match, he couldn't move because of the Controller, he couldn't even shoot or pass, I think it was because of the Analog stick. In a match, he just could press Select. Out the game, he could do almost everything, but not with the Analog stick. So the Analog stick is the biggest problem. In the menu of MotionJoy, I klick on Enable and tried every Option like PS3-Controller and so on. I put out the cable of the USB and plugged it in again. But it still didn't work. The Analog stick is the most important thing of playing FIFA 12, it's the only way you could move in a match. Do you know what's the problem? If you know it, can you write it in steps for me? I got Windows 7, 64-bit. I hope you can help me.

NoNamex014

German:
Hallo Leute!
Ich möchte mit meinem Bruder FIFA 12 auf dem PC spielen, ich habe ein Logitech Gamepad, dass auch super funktioniert. Mein Bruder hat aber nur eine PS3, und hat deshalb einen Controller dafür. Habe den Controller per USB angesteckt, per Motionjoy installiert und den richtigen Treiber heruntergeladen. Hat funktioniert, nur der Joystick reagiert vom PS3 Controller nicht, im Spiel kann er nicht laufen oder schießen, nur Select drücken. Außerhalb des Spiels kann er zwar agieren, aber trotzdem nicht mit dem Joystick etwas machen. Es funktioniert einfach nicht. Habe Motionjoy neu heruntergeladen und Kabel vom Controller aus und eingesteckt, trotzdem gehts nicht. Habe bei Motionjoy im Menü auf "Enable" und PS3 Controller ausgewählt. (Habe alles andere auch probiert) Trotzdem funktioniert der Joystick nicht. (Ist das wichtigste für FIFA 12) Kennt sich jemand von euch mit Motionjoy aus? Es geht ganz normal, nur der Joystick funktioniert nicht. Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen. Wenn ihr es weißt, könnt ihr mir es bitte in Schritten aufschreiben?

PS: Habe Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.

MfG

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Controller Analog stick doesn't work
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:31 pm 
user

I have the same problem sometimes. To make the Analog stick work, press "enable" on motioninjoy. It should work. If not, try calibrating the controller, or take it out and put it back in.

Hope it helps!
-$ebastian

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 am 
user

Grüß Dich!

I was having the same exact problem until I figured out you MUST have the XBox 360 Emulator profile "enabled" and NOT the PS3 one. After you do this, go to your Game Controller Panel and test the settings to make sure alles klar.

This may not be the solution for others but it's worked for me. I would write to you in German but it's been a while and I don't want to embarrass myself lol.

Mit besten Grüßen,
Weber

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:35 am 
user

Let me start off by saying I am using Win 7 Professional 64x version and have a PS3 SIXAXIS plugged into a USB 3.0 slot. I've never really written any posts like this so I will do my best to be thorough, concise, and hope to save some sanity before it becomes lost forever.

Since my last post, I was still having some problems playing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory with my PS3 controller. Apparently in the MotionJoy Gamepad Tool, there is no option for the R2 and L2 buttons under the XBox 360 Emulator. It appears the program was created with only the old XBox controller in mind, not the 360. Whoops....

When I used the Game Controller Panel, it assigns the R2 and L2 buttons under the Z axis. Although it is only two buttons, I have found them extremely useful. I tried creating a custom controller profile but was running into a problem where I couldn't bind the right analog stick fully (no Ry positive or Ry negative). I tried every combination with no luck. In other words, I could look left and right but not up or down. So I had to go back to the XBox 360 Emulator. Since the PS3 controller lacks the proper PC drivers, only the XBox 360 Emulator setting will register my analog stick movements to their full potential.

A friend showed me this link so I could get the R2 and L2 buttons working. The author provides a clear and concise tutorial.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p=23611200

I followed the instructions above but was still having another problem. After days of research and frustration I thought "Will the madness ever end"!? Only when I end it. In Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, the R2 and L2 buttons (key bound under the Joystick Settings) now worked but I was unable to use them simultaneously. The idea was to press R2 button to fire and hold L2 to steady my aim. Every time I tried to shoot while holding L2, the crosshair would shudder only slightly left or right with no rounds being fired.

What I discovered was that I cannot bind the emulated R2 and L2 buttons under the Controller (XBox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows...) Joystick settings in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. So I bound them under the Keyboard setting as shown below.

Conclusion: Any game you play for the PC must allow both your keyboard and mouse/joystick/PS3 configuration to work at the same time. If you want to use the R2 and L2 buttons, you must assign them in your game of choice under the Keyboard Settings and leave them unbound in the Controller/Joystick Settings. Although I am not sure about other similar PS3 controller configurations, but my best hypothesis is that this method will work for those controllers as well.

Please let me know if you have success and best of luck to you.

Alles Gute,
Weber

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 am 
user

After installing MotioninJoy, select the Playstation 3 mode and download and run this: http://www.mediafire.com/?v9rwzx3zjph5dts . It allows you to map the controller buttons and adds a MotioninJoy controller section to the Fifa 12 buttonDataSetup.ini file.

Works for me with Fifa 12.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:04 am 
user

Doc99 wrote:
After installing MotioninJoy, select the Playstation 3 mode and download and run this: http://www.mediafire.com/?v9rwzx3zjph5dts . It allows you to map the controller buttons and adds a MotioninJoy controller section to the Fifa 12 buttonDataSetup.ini file.

Works for me with Fifa 12.

Works fine for me too, but I have one unique issue: the L2+R2 doesn´t work at the same time. Any suggestion?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:03 am 
user

I was having some crazy issues with my joystick not working as well as other things going on in NBA 2K12 so I cam e here and was reading this thread... Corporal_Weber said he changed the profile to XBOX 360 and it worked so I tried and sure enough I am ballin with my new PS3 controller!! I am so glad because I bought the PS3 controller because the last XBOX controllers were JUNK!! lol

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 pm 
user

@Doc99 That mediafire link needs a password, I'd like to give it a go as I'm having the same problem with the analog stick as everyone else.

I don't suppose me ranting about how the real problem is the motion in joy software would help. I've also read that they have some sort of call home function that reaches back to some Chinese registered IP address, anyone else heard that ?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:45 am 
user

Hi I'm trying to play bloodrayne on pcx21.0 emulator and the x and y rotations are going crazy in the game controllers properties section of motionjoy. And when I play the game Bloodrayne moves around in circles. I have tried every version of motionjoy and she doesn't stop moving. I'm not pressing joysticks at all. I'm using the PS3 profile, the XBOX 360 doesn't work. Running Windows 7 home premium 64bit, Intel r core 2 duo. Could someone please help me. :? :? :? :? :? :?

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system