Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: Controller recognized, but not working. Please help...
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:09 am 
user

Hello, I am finally able to post now after using a different browser. I was previously unable to post using IE 8. I'm now using Google Chrome 4.

First I want to say thank you for this website and for all the info on it, I know theres been a lot of work put into this, i appreciate it. Ive been trying to get this controller working over the past couple days and have had very little progress. I've tried just about every tutorial on this website (and others) and i STILL can't get the damn thing to work. just to let you know, i'm very computer savvy and run my own servers, so im not just some idiot :-P

the game pad shows up in Device Manager as HID-compliant game controller. and under "Devices" there are multiple entries for the game controller that show up when I have the controller plugged in via USB, only ONE of the entries says "PLAYSTATIon(3) controller" the others say ""HID compliant game controller". When I open up the properties for any of those entries, i can see two entries of "MotioninJoy Virtual Game Controller OK" in the "Installed Game Controllers" window. When I click properties for those entries, it shows the axises and the buttons, but when I press them they DONT light up. There is one red LED light that is on above the "1" when the controller is plugged in. Here is what I've done:

Reboot computer into "Disable Driver signing" by using F8.
installed MotioninJoy_0400_Beta_amd64
Plugged in controller.
Start>Programs>Motioninjoy>Install Driver.
Run DS3 Tool and enable controller (there are TWO controllers recognized in this program, even though im using just the one)
Controller does not work.

I have also tried using the NG hq Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider program to sign the MijXfilt.sys file in my Windows/system32/drivers folder. and then enabled Test Mode and restarted. but it STILL doesnt work. I am completely lost here. I have tried other methods on other sites, including FreeBT, PPjoy, and btsix. I was able to get the controller working on windows XP x86 sp3 using btsix, but only while it was plugged in via USB, and the sixaxis did not work. i have two USB bluetooth dongles, one is motorola and other is D-link, im pretty sure they are not the problem.

If anyone can give me any help whatsoever I would be extremely appreciative. I use Windows 7 x64 mostly, so getting it to work in this OS is a must for me. let me know if u need any more information. Maybe I'm missing something completely obvious? Thanks guys.

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Controller recognized, but not working. Please help...
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:34 am 
MotioninJoy Developer

I think your 2 USB Dongle's driver has be replaced by "install MotioninJoy driver" .

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:15 am 

UPDATE: I was able to get the ps3 controller working in Windows 7 x64 while plugged in via USB. However, I am still unable to get the bluetooth working.

When i try to pair it, the red LEDs on the controller just keep flashing but never pair. The Calibration Test window shows no movement of any of the buttons or axis. This is while the controller is unplugged from USB.

im assuming that it recognizes the bluetooth ps3 driver, but for some reason the controller is not pairing with the BT dongle on my pc correctly. if anyone can help, id be very grateful. thanks

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 am 
user

Acxie wrote:
I think your 2 USB Dongle's driver has be replaced by "install MotioninJoy driver" .

Thanks for the response!
My Bluetooth dongle driver has been replaced? I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Do you mean, that I am not supposed to have my Bluetooth dongle plugged in while running "Install MotioninJoy driver"?

I am going to uninstall motioninjoy software and remove all custom drivers and start from scratch, I will make sure the bluetooth dongle is NOT plugged in during execution of "install motioninjoy driver" and post back to tell what happens.

Another thing.
When I get to the step of installing the MotioninJoy drivers, I goto Start > Programs > MotioninJoy > Install MotioninJoy Driver

There is NO option for Install USB Driver or Install Bluetooth Driver, like the tutorial says. There is only "install MotioninJoy driver" period....

So, I'm guessing the tutorial is outdated or something. I tried searching around for an older version of MotioninJoy software so I could specifically "Install Bluetooth Driver" but I can not find any other versions of this software other than whats on the current download page. Could anyone possible link or send me an older version?

I know that that probably won't help my case, but at this point its all can think to do. I'm becoming EXTREMELY frustrated with this because I've spent the last 3 days trying to get the fucking thing working. I have no PS3, I bought the controller specifically for using with my PC games via Bluetooth wireless. I have Bluesoleil software installed on another computer running Windows XP 32bit SP3, and I was able to recognize the controller as a Broadcom bluetooth device, but when I try to pair it asks for a PIN code, which I don't know. So can anyone help me out here?

A family member of mine is actually a Bluetooth Engineer and he hasn't been able to get it to work. He said that I need to figure out what authentication the device is using (i.e. PIN code or w/e).

All replies are very much appreciated! Thanks!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 am 
user

Okay update. I have found an 0100 version of the MotioninJoy software and started from scratch using that. I left my Bluetooth dongle UNPLUGGED until I got to the "Install Bluetooth Driver" part.

But when I run "Install Bluetooth Driver" I get the following message at the end of the Mijlog.txt file:

LOG Event: 1, Looking for Model Section [Vendor.NTAMD64.6.1]...
LOG Event: 1, No matching devices found in INF "C:Program FilesMotioninJoyds3driversMijBThid.inf" on the Machine.
LOG Event: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0xE000020B)
INFO: There aren't any live devnodes with the DeviceId contained in the INF.

I did run it as administrator. I also tried this with both my usb bluetooth dongles (a D-link DBT-122 and a Motorola PC850) but it says the exact same thing. I don't think I forgot anything. The Bluetooth dongles show up as Microsoft Bluetooth device and Generic Bluetooth device under Device Manager, so the Microsoft drivers are installed. I also tried installing the MijBThid.inf bluetooth driver manually by doing "Update driver" etc... but it says the file doesn't contain drivers for my device.

I'm lost...Acxie, can you please help me? I really appreciated any help given.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:32 am 
MotioninJoy Developer

After trace the driver I find a bug,It will make no response in general game pad mode,you can select Xbox 360 emulator.
I will fix this issue ASAP.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:47 pm 

Okay, I feel pretty stupid right now. :-P

Went out and got a new bluetooth dongle today and tried it out....works like a charm.
First try, too. :-P I guess the bluetooth dongles i had before didn't have EDR and were not bluetooth 2.0....but i had sworn they were cuz a website that I saw said they were!

Anyways, just want to confirm for anyone else having this problem:

D-Link DBT-122 and Motorola PC850 Bluetooth Dongles DO NOT work with this software.

I am using a CSR Nanosira with EDR and it DOES WORK.

However, I havn't been able to get the Sixaxis feature working, but everything else works, including rumble. Again, this is on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit version.

Thanks to all those that helped me out! Acxie and Aljoscha! :-)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:59 pm 
MotioninJoy Developer

I have fixed a bug that make no response some time in general game pad mode. the version is 0.4.00 beta 2

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:43 am 
user

Try tapping the PS button on the controller.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:32 am 
user

I forgot about this post, thought I had wrapped it up earlier. Anyways, my problem was that I didn't have a capable Bluetooth adapter. Apparently, both the ones I was trying were incompatible with the driver. I now have a Bluetooth 2.0 device with EDR and it works perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system