Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: MotionInJoy not remembering last controller type used.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:07 pm 
user

Im currently using MotionInJoy version 0.5 in Windows 7 x64.

MotionInJoy doesn't remember last Controller Mode selected whenever my PC is restarted which means I have to keep re-selecting the type I want to use. It would be handy to just leave it on the XBOX 360 Controller Emulator, which seems to be the most compatible controller mode for most games.

The problem with the other modes (i.e modes 1 - 4) is that, in many cases, they report the wrong button numbers and axis configuration to games. For example, in a game like Shaun White Snowboarding where control configuration cant be edited, the button configuration reported by the driver does not match the button number configuration used in-game. Also the right analogue stick axis is reversed. Pushing up and down on the stick makes the view turn left or right and pushing left or right on the stick makes the view go up and down. I used to use the "Dual USB Force Feedback Joypad" (MP-8866) Adaptor from Mayflash and that reported it's control configuration correctly including axis of right stick.

I think that controller modes 1 - 4 need to more closely match the behaviour of the "Dual USB Force Feedback Joypad" in order to solve these issues.

The other problem is if I select controller mode 4 (Analogue Gamepad 3) the driver reports the motion sensor axis's as BUTTONS instead of AXIS'. This means that in many racing games they behave as digital buttons and not as analogue axis's.

The driver also needs to have its own calibration tool and an option to adjust sensitivity of all the axis's, including the motion sensors. The in-built Windows calibration tool simply does not work well enough with this driver, especially with the motion axis.

Sponsor

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system