Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: 64-bit users and disabling Driver Signature Enforcement
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:10 am 
MotioninJoy Guru

Edit: Starting with driver version 0.6.0001, disabling Driver Signature Enforcement is not required anymore.

Note: 64-bit users: In order to run MotioninJoy on 64-bit, you must disable Driver Signature Enforcement as MotioninJoy does not have a driver signature.
There are a couple ways of doing this.

First to check if you are running 64-bit: Go to Control Panel->System, and look under "System type" to see if you are running 64-bit or 32-bit.
(32-bit users and XP users don't need to worry about disabling driver signature enforcement.)

The most common way to disable the Driver Signature enforcement is after the BIOS boot screen press F8 (you may have to press it a few times) and select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement”.
Unfortunately you have to do this at every boot to use the MiJ driver.

The other way to disable Driver Signature Enforcement is to 'sign' the drivers yourself. Download the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider app, then run it. You may need to turn UAC off for this work. You will need to sign all the files in the “C:\Program Files\MotioninJoy\ds3\drivers\x64” directory, most notably MijXfilt.sys and xusb21.sys. When you reboot your computer, you can now use the MiJ drivers without having to press F8 at every boot. The downside to this is you must have Test Mode enabled, and it will leave a little watermark at the bottom right corner of you desktop saying so.

Also check out the 64bit page in the wiki for more ways of disabling Driver Signature Enforcement.

Last edited by extra_dessert on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: 64-bit users and disabling Driver Signature Enforcement
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:49 pm 
user

xtr_desert wrote:
The other way to disable Driver Signature Enforcementis to 'sign' the drivers yourself. Download the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider app, then run it. You may need to turn UAC off for this work. You will need to sign all the files in the “C:\Program Files\MotioninJoy\ds3\drivers\x64” directory, most notably MijXfilt.sys and xusb21.sys. When you reboot your computer, you can now use the MiJ drivers without having to press F8 at every boot.

this work without test mode?

Games: RieklinRideR Seafight: SanjuuRashoumon

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:37 pm 
MotioninJoy Guru

Dang, I forgot to mention that.... Thought I forgot something.

The 'signing' the drivers requires test mode.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:02 am 
user

Lets hope that Acxie gets enough $$$ to actually put some driver signing in, but for now these fixes posted are enough to save having to press F8 each time you boot.

To be honest though, I really can't see MS being too happy with signing off drivers that can be used to emulate a 360 pad, but still... Does need driver signing.

Its worth noting, that those who have Windows 7 64Bit and need MS support, and you pay for MS support, you'll need to disable all of this if you want to send logs over to MS as if they see this, they'll be sure to be not too happy..

MS don't like un-signed drivers in their 64bit flagship O/S...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:16 am 
MotioninJoy Guru

MS doesn't like unsigned drivers at all :x, not just for win7.
Even 32-bit systems (XP-win7 x86) complain about the driver signature, but 32-bit systems allow the install anyways.....whereas 64-bit systems are more locked down about unsigned drivers...

Your 360 emulator note there is interesting.... makes sense with how MS is.

I also see MS not giving a signature until some BSOD situations are fixed.
(Isn't that why they do driver signatures, so the driver is certified to "not to BSOD the system"?!)
I've had a few times where it BSODs the system whenever the controller was unplugged/ran out of battery and the controller was in use (ie you were in a game or using JoytoKey and unplugged the controller)

Anyways with all this lets still hope that MiJ can get a driver signature....
See this thread for a post on more of getting a driver signature: http://forums.motioninjoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=163

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:44 pm 
user

That same tool that can sign drivers has a link to another program that can remove the watermark for test mode.

I have done it and it worked fine on retail Win7 x64.

So now I can just use the drivers like normal with no need to do anything and no reminder that I am in test mode.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:17 pm 
user

It's always useful to disable signature Enforcement with lastest version of Motioninjoy ? Because driver is now signed ?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:24 pm 
MotioninJoy Developer

You don't need to 'disable signature Enforcement' with lastest version of Motioninjoy any more.
But if you use blueooth you have to make sure the hardeare id in the list viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1062

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm 
user

Ok no problem, I have two different blutooth dongle which are in this list ;)

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system