Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: Analog doesn't work/controller works but not detected on DS3
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:29 am 
user

1. Analog problem
The analog sticks on my Sixaxis PS3 controller doesn't work. I kept clicking on the modes in DS3 to Analog Gamepad, but they keep going back to Digital Gamepad all the time.
Please tell me what is wrong.

2. Detection problem
Everytime I go on DS3, it shows "No game controller!" on the Connected game controller(s) option. When I go on the site to where the settings are, it says the same darn thing!
The weird thing is that it works perfectly (except the analog sticks) on my emulator, and other games. What is the problem?

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Analog doesn't work/controller works but not detected on
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:43 pm 
MotioninJoy Developer

Check out your device manager of windows.
Make sure there are not errors in human interface device list.

Attachments:
humsnintfacedevice.png
humsnintfacedevice.png [ 11.64 KiB | Viewed 19253 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:59 pm 
user

Acxie wrote:
Check out your device manager of windows.
Make sure there are not errors in human interface device list.

There is no problems, but the internet (and DS3 tool) doesn't detect the device.

BTW, there are some games that can use the main face buttons, but not the d-pad. Weird.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:06 pm 
user

Nevermind, the update fixed the detection, and the analog works perfectly.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:01 am 
MotioninJoy Guru

PS3Problems101 wrote:
1. Analog problem
The analog sticks on my Sixaxis PS3 controller doesn't work. I kept clicking on the modes in DS3 to Analog Gamepad, but they keep going back to Digital Gamepad all the time.
Please tell me what is wrong.

2. Detection problem
Everytime I go on DS3, it shows "No game controller!" on the Connected game controller(s) option. When I go on the site to where the settings are, it says the same darn thing!
The weird thing is that it works perfectly (except the analog sticks) on my emulator, and other games. What is the problem?

1. The DS3 Tool does that after a reboot or closing it, not much you can do about it right now.
2. Close then reopen the DS3 Tool (make sure to close it out of the system tray too).

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 pm 
user

I am having this exact same problem. Updating the software did not fix the issue either, nor has exiting / re-opening the DS3 tool, which I've done many times now. I have uninstalled ALL usb drives and re-installed repeatedly, and that includes right-clicking on Install USB Driver in the MiJ start menu folder and running as admin. I've clicked on "Enable" in the DS3 tool, as well as used the Driver Manager tool to "load" several times.

Like what was stated in the OP, my PS3 controller (connected via USB) works with all buttons except the analog joysticks, and the quick config page of the DS3 tool reads, "No Game Controller!"

The last time I used MiJ, my analogs were working just fine, but that was several months ago, which was apparently before this update. Is there any permanent and concrete fix to this?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:43 pm 
MotioninJoy Guru

Make sure you disabled driver signature enforcement.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:36 pm 
user

I have disabled that. I have "Test Mode Build 7600" showing in the bottom right corner of my desktop, and I've had the computer set like that for months now, ever since I first installed MiJ. Like I said I had this working fine a few months ago, but ever since I tried using it this week and, as a result, downloaded the newest version of MiJ, I cannot get the analogs to function anymore. I feel at this point that this is a bug with the new version. I don't see what else I could possibly do.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 pm 
MotioninJoy Guru

So you went the Test mode / Sign the driver method of disabling driver signature enforcement.... You must re-sign the drivers after a driver update to get it to work again.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:32 am 
user

xtr_desert wrote:
So you went the Test mode / Sign the driver method of disabling driver signature enforcement.... You must re-sign the drivers after a driver update to get it to work again.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to do that. I'm somewhat of a computer noob when it comes to configuring drivers in this way. What steps are necessary to install this driver properly then? As I understand it, I was supposed to disable driver signature enforcement. I googled that to figure out the steps to do that, and that's what produced the test mode.

By the way, thank you for the quick replies.

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system