Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 32bits system

Post subject: Power A pro EX is not recicnized
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:38 pm 
user

i saw this controller at walmart and i decided to get it cose some how my brothers dog at my 360 controller... see as when i pluged it in it registered as BDA GP1 in the controller area

it is a DS3 controller but i dont know how to get ti to work with these drivers.... it would be nice to have working triggers that are not buttons and 360 controller emulation

Attachments:
How do i fix this.jpg
How do i fix this.jpg [ 295.52 KiB | Viewed 11123 times ]

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Power A pro EX is not recicnized
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:42 pm 
MotioninJoy Guru

Should have done your research before buying...As you would have found out that MiJ does not support clone controllers.

Please post a pic of the controller.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:04 pm 
user

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pro-EX-POWER- ... 3/14962336

on the box it stated DS3 compatible

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:32 am 
MotioninJoy Guru

That's 'PS3 compatible' and boy did you get a clone controller....

You need to get a genuine Sony DualShock 3 in order to use a PS3 controller with MiJ as MiJ does not support clone controllers. Here is the link to get a DS3 controller: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6879261123

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 am 
user

i know its a clone but it said on the box that it was DS3 ready.... i didnt get ti from the website i got it off the shelf... wish i had a coppy of the box

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:04 am 
user

are there any future plans to add support for clones and 3rd party hardware?? it appears to inexperienced me that the drivers cant be THAT different since they communicate with the ps3 without needing new drivers installed first from a CD..

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:18 pm 
MotioninJoy Guru

@neogto
PS3 ready means that the controller will work with the PS3 but not neccessarily 3rd party PC drivers.

@Steph
There is plans for clone support but since the hardware differences are slightly different between the genuine controller and the clones, or even differences between clone 1 and clone 2, it is a bit hard to get every clone working.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:18 am 
user

I know it might be late, but this might help if your problem is not solved or anyone needs it...

I just got Halo: Combat Envolved for my PC, and the Power A ProEx controller (as far as I know, the same as you did). Since I have a PS3, and it's own Dualshock 3 works on my computer for Project 64, I decided to check out my ProEx. As I plugged it in, the controller starts to install automatically (I'm using Win7), just like with MiJ and the Dualshock 3 the first time it's plugged in. After that, I tried to use MiJ but it didn't actually recognized it, but my computer does, as ProEx. Why is that? So I thought that maybe my computer does supports it, but MointinJoy doesn't, so I opened Project 64, and instead of the MiJ option, I got the ProEx option, so I chose it, configured it, and it does work, same as Halo and all of the other stuff, but without the need of using MiJ, you don't even have to open it...

Hope it works out!

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 32bits system