Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 32bits system

Post subject: Controller won't connect to PS3 after.
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:06 pm 
user

So, here is my situation. I installed the controller on my computer with MiJ, and recently, after disconnecting the controller (USB), I find that it won't connect to my PS3 unless it is plugged in with USB at the same time. Even then, it takes between 5 and 15 seconds to connect. When it is not plugged into the PS3 with USB, it will only flash the 4 LEDs for several seconds. I have tried resetting both the controller AND PS3, and I uninstalled the driver from my computer. I attempted to connect the controller to MiJ to see if it would help, prior to all of this, but MiJ would just freeze and say that the "Webpage can not be displayed." I was very satisfied in MiJ before this happened, but now... Not so much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Controller won't connect to PS3 after.
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:14 am 
MotioninJoy Guru

Did you use BT in your MiJ setup?

After disconnecting the controller form the computer what do the ligths on the controller do before you plug it into the PS3?

For the webpage not displayed? did you try local mode? did you restart the DS3 tool?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:27 am 
user

I only connected it with USB. I don't have a bluetooth card in my computer. When I unplug the controller, the four LEDs flash, as if it is trying to connect to the PS3, but then they stop sooner than usual. They do the same when I press the PS button. I reinstalled MiJ but so far nothing is helping. :( Oh, and yes, DS3 IS working now, but still cannot fix controller.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:32 am 
user

Try resetting the Bluetooth Pairing on the Controller (Done by going to Bluetooth Pair, selecting the controller and Custom MAC, which is set to all 0s, and select Pair Now)
THEN reset the controller.
This should cause the controller to act as if it was a brand-new controller that isn't paired to any Bluetooth devices.
Next, turn off and on the PS3 and plug in your controller.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 pm 
user

Oi. No. Still no luck. I tried it with multiple random MAC addresses, including all 0s, and including the one I found in my PS3's network info (probably completely wrong anyway) and still nooo luck. Any other ideas?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm 
user

Oh, and some additional information: IF the controller is trying to synchronize, and I press the PS button again, it restarts trying to sync. It is as if the firmware on the controller has been replaced and is now corrupt...

Here is some info about my systems:
PC:
Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3)
AMD Athlon 2X 2.41GHz
768MB DDR3 RAM
256MB VRAM

Controller:
Dualshock 3
Flashes about 12 times on attempted BT connection.
Takes several seconds to connect to PS3 when connected directly.

PS3:
Software Version 3.56
MAC Address: 00:1D:0D:5F:D3:3B

Any other info available upon request.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:57 pm 
MotioninJoy Guru

When you connect it to the PS3 do the 4 leds flash slowly and the PS3 asks you to press the PS button? Afterwards when you press the PS button the controller connects and led #1 stays lit? With the controller connected to the PS3 and then disconnect the cable does it connect wirelessly to the PS3 successfully??

This isn't a clone controller right? Think I read some of the latest PS3 firmware updates wont recognize some clone controllers.

Also do other PS3 controllers have the same problem here, or is it just the one controller having problems?

Did you try replacing the USB cable?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:13 am 
user

Yes, when I connect it, the 4 LEDs slowly flash, and AUTOMATICALLY connects to my PS3 after about 5 seconds. The PS button does nothing when it is not connected but works when it is. It is not a clone controller. It is an actual Dualshock 3 controller, by Sony, and I would test that out but I only have one controller. I believe it is the controller, though, because of the unusual connecting problems. And I have tried multiple USB cables, all working fine.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:42 am 
user

YAY! :D i updated my PS3 and, after failing 4 times, the update worked and my controller is FIXED! :D thanks everyone for your help! :)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:24 am 
MotioninJoy Guru

The firmware update failed 4 times? I think your PS3 needs some help there... lol

At least it works now.

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 32bits system