Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Offline version

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: SEt's Offline Version & My whole New UI! - Alpha Released
 Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:52 am 
user

hi guys, I decided to redesign the html interface, validate the html, make the semantics correct, fix English typos by our Chinese friend here, make sense of the menus and get rid of the ads. :P

** Guys, I just figured Motionjoy loads slightly different layout into the program, anyone knows what's the latest source?

I based on http://gametool.motioninjoy.com/ but it seems old now.

Also it seems local doesn't work anymore? I tried putting an index.html file in 'local' under 'ds3' folder but it still doesn't load up my stuff.

EDIT: After surmounting some of the primary obstacles, it's time for an Alpha version! :)

I basically re coded the whole HTML & CSS. Removed lots of junk and unnecessary stuff so it'll be easier to modify in the future for update purposes.

For changing backgrounds go to misc/images/ and change the filename of the image you want as background to 'bg.jpg'. Future plan is adding an on-the-fly BG changer so it's really hassle-free.

* The theme requires IE9, not tested with IE8 yet, sorry. ;)

You can now track your theme version in the 'About' page.

Current Version: 0.0.0002

Update log:

Themed Bluetooth Features List page
Supported Features List now works
Fixed some text fields and other small css fixes.

mij_71001_offline_SEt_asdesign_v0.0.0002_150712.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?9b6ypkkd98yb9e8

Download again to make sure you got the latest, I re-upload every once in a while with updated files.

Working on a new update, stay tuned. =]

Last edited by Nightfox on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:19 am, edited 37 times in total.

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: I'm making a proper offline version
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 am 
user

no comments whatsoever?

Last edited by Nightfox on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:25 am 
user

I wish I could help you man, I really do.

Would it be possible for you to alter the default button configuration, so that each button is registered correctly. M.A.M.E. doesn't register "button 1" ect, it registers the actual DS3 button names; "L1", "R3" "START" ect, however in v0.60005 start and select is registered as their opposites, and in v7 it's completedly messed up.

If you're confused about this, try playing a MAME game, press TAB, go into button configuration and you'll see what I mean.

As for your project, goddammit someone help the man! Can't you see he's made a GORGEOUS interface? Make this thing happen please!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:31 pm 
user

What is your question, dude?
Nice interface but the real deal is to fix some bugs which are in this offline version: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2885
It's working great but it has the same annoying bugs like the original version.
1.) You have to click "Enable" after every restart
2.) Right controller stick has a random movement

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:24 pm 
user

zlep wrote:
What is your question, dude?
Nice interface but the real deal is to fix some bugs which are in this offline version: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2885
It's working great but it has the same annoying bugs like the original version.
1.) You have to click "Enable" after every restart
2.) Right controller stick has a random movement

My question is, how do I get the current offline files?

I gotta say, previous version of this rather amateur piece of software didn't work properly for me, it is only with the latest version where I finally got it working. Before that it was so frustrating just to get the controller recognized and all that shit. After it was recognized I was trying to play while it's on Bluetooth and I kept getting bad issues of controller output going crazy. It was really a nightmare. I went and bought Winds3 if you know that one, but after some time I switched to 64bit windows and now it won't work. Looks like the Chinese assholes behind that software kept the site online and ran off.

Regarding the problems you mentioned.... I currently don't experience that. The only things I have to do are:

1. Press the PS button so my controller pairs like it'd with a PS3 console (takes 3-5s)
2. Start MiJ and click Enable to enable Xbox 360 mode.

The least it does is keeping the 'Xbox 360' option selected so you only have to click 'Enable' but it won't re enable it after every restart which should have been done already IMO.

Aside for that, it's finally working properly for me. I can do long gaming sessions and the controller is working a treat. No weird random (right stick?) output or battery issues.

Anyways, the URL for the MiJ web interface is changed from what it used to be. That's what I need to complete my gui and release it. That other thread you linked to, is for an older version of MiJ. It's possible that Mr.Dev doesn't want anymore offline versions as those do not contain the ads which aside from Donations, are his only income from this software.

If I could access the source code of the current interface I'd probably be able to modify the old code but I can't even do that.

Last edited by Nightfox on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:36 pm 
user

Please don't laugh, please don't laugh. My knowledge regarding webpages and programming is limited to say the least. But perhaps you can use the following for something?

Download "anvir task manager free", pick the portable version, no need to install.

Open DS3 tool, and then open Anvir. Go into "processes", right click the DS3_Tool.exe and select "detailed info". In detailed view there's a tab called "Files". In here you can see all the files and folders that is created from the DS3_Tool.exe process.

Using this method, I can see that it creates among a ton of other things, a "
v071000[1].htm" page under temporary internet files, which seems to be the page motionjoy loads upon startup. There is no created "v071000[1].htm" when running local mode.

As I said, my knowledge in this area is virtually nonexistant, so if this is complete rubbish that you can't use for anything, then I'm sorry.

It seems to me that v7 local mode is not webpage based anyone. Pressing F5 wil return a white completely blank screen instead of updating the page like it does in V6.

Won't you be a dear and just release your gorgeous version for v6.0005? That's the version that works best for me.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:19 am 
user

This got me futher thinking...

Your interface is so gorgeous that it would be the only thing I would use either way so:

Couldn't you relase your files in "V6 format" (local folder ect), if possible have it based on what I presume are the benefits of the V7 driver, and then install V6 with your offline version for sort of a "offline V7" in V6?

I'm thinking this procedure:

1. Install MJ v6.
2. Put your files under "Local" folder.
3. Force install the v7 driver from the V7 files. (The driver force install is needed either way to get V7 functioning, at least on my system)

For people who cannot live without ads, they could have both V6 and V7 installed (Example V6 installed under Motionjoy6 folder), and then open V7 for online, and then open V6 for your "offline V7"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:26 am 
user

I need to resit on this little project and maybe even PM the dev. Thanks for the positive comments. ;)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 am 
user

Quote:

How about this:

http://gametool.motioninjoy.com/en/v071000

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:57 am 
user

SilverBlade007 wrote:
Quote:

How about this:

http://gametool.motioninjoy.com/en/v071000

How did you find out about that? :mrgreen:

Last edited by Nightfox on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Offline version