Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system

Post subject: Right analog stick and R2 & L2 not working correctly
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:42 am 
user

I have finished installing the drivers and so far it's been working perfectly, aside from this tiny little tiny problem:

L2 and R2 are controlling the Z rotation while the right analog stick is controlling the Z axis (like it should?). If the right analog stick is defined as Z, shouldnt i also be able to move it up and down? Also, i need the use of the R2 and L2 buttons. Can this be fixed?

Sponsor
 Post subject: Re: Right analog stick and R2 & L2 not working correctly
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:24 am 
user

InoSiX wrote:
I have finished installing the drivers and so far it's been working perfectly, aside from this tiny little tiny problem:

L2 and R2 are controlling the Z rotation while the right analog stick is controlling the Z axis (like it should?). If the right analog stick is defined as Z, shouldnt i also be able to move it up and down? Also, i need the use of the R2 and L2 buttons. Can this be fixed?

Use this Selection -> Image

Its working for me.., but be careful if you want to set your buttons in some emulator plugin or in some controller configuration.., put your controller down i a stable table and push the buttons careful without move your controller because have WII detection with this option.

Do not copy my Avatar™

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:25 pm 
user

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I noticed that before I posted that, but thought surely there must be some way around it. Perhaps in another update? ^_^

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:38 pm 
user

Hi,
I have the same problem here. The L2 and R2 analog triggers are registered as either 2 digital buttons or share one axis (Z-Rotation). Choosing the 4th option as Psychotic Prince stated wont enable the use of the analog shoulder buttons either.
Instead it Maps the Motion Sensor axes twice.

I am using Windows Server 2008 64 Bit.

edit: If there is any more information you need to understand/solve this issue. Id be glad to help.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 am 
user

Use the second option in ds3 tools

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:58 pm 
user

option 2
still only enables the digital use of L2 and R2 shown here as buttons 5 and 6

option 1
disables all analogue inputs.

option 3
L2 pressed

R2 pressed

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:02 am 
user

None of the 3 configurations in DS3 tool works correctly when it comes to true analog mapping of the L2 / R2 triggers or the right analog stick, please fix this somehow !

In configuration 3 :

The axis of the right analog stick is mapped to two analog controlls (good start), but the controll only seems to take 3 values, min, max and center, which seems alright at first... but doesn't work in practice because the slightest movement of the stick triggers the min or max value.

So please either map the right analog stick to really analog controlls. Or place some kind of trigger value for the axis of the right analog stick.

I really wish you can fix this for next version :)

Thanks a lot for this driver ! it's really cool to finally have a driver for 64 bit systems !

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:31 pm 
user

I'm having a similar problem as Shamu. Everything works perfectly, except the right analog stick is ridiculously sensitive and only takes on the min, max, and 0 values. Often, even if I let the stick return to the center, it only rests at the center (0) value for a few seconds before flipping 100% to some direction, spontaneously.

The left analog stick works perfectly, however. If left alone, it goes to the center value. If I lightly push on it, it moves slightly away from the center value (but does not immediately jump to the max value, as the right analog stick does).

Please help. I've tried this with all modes in the Profile Editor. I'm running on Vista x64.

Thanks,
Gavin

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:15 pm 

I finally get the analog trigs to work. Using a profile on DS3tool and xbox360cemu (a program that emulates xbox360 official gamepad on "games for windows" games) with a specific xbox360cemu.ini file.

I did a package with all the needed content.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ES2E6U4

I tried the config on GTAIV and i worked perfectly, now I can drive smoothly.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:56 pm 
user

First be sure you have the 3rd option selected (analog triggers, NO motion sensor), then use the Profile Editor.

Up and Down on the right stick should be mapped as Z Rotation axis (Rz decrease and increase, respectively). if they aren't already. Don't know why they wouldn't be.

Map L2 to Dial axis increase

Map R2 to Slider axis increase

Click Enable and save if you like

Now, here is the important part. If you just stop here, L2 and R2 will probably not be functioning correctly. You need to calibrate the controller.

Go to your Windows control panel and open up your Game Controllers configuration applet. If you are using Win7 and there is no link to this, click the start button and type in Set Up and it should find a shortcut to it (Set up USB game controllers).

Your MotionInJoy device should be listed. Select it and click Properties. In the next window click the Settings tab and calibrate. Simply follow the instructions given. After you've done this your L2 and R2 buttons (and analog sticks if you were having trouble with those as well) should work properly.

Now, if only Vibration would work correctly instead of just causing my entire system to spaz out until I close the game...

Board index » MotioninJoy install and config » Windows 64bits system